Thursday 7 August 2014

A/W Trends

Thursday, August 7, 2014


As the fashion world is always one step ahead, I have been handling clothes mainly for A/W 14. I have seen some amazing pieces for next season and after just four days at my internship I have made an endless list of items I cannot wait to get in my wardrobe as soon as they are launched. 

The Key trends I have seen so far are listed below:

1) Pastels

Pastels were a HUGE hit this summer and were absolutely everywhere on the catwalk and instantly filtered through to high street stores. By the looks of things, this trend has been carried into Autumn. At fabulous, we have already had in a wide variety of fur coats keeping to the pastel shades as well as some amazing knitwear pieces. From fluffy candy pink jumpers to baby blue fur coats, pastels are here to stay!



2) Metallics  
Every A/W metallics seem to make an appearance as a wardrobe staple, and this year is no different. Metallic patterns seem to be dominating however boxy metallic crop tops have been coming in fast as well as printed metallic dresses and gold metallic midis. 
On my must buy list is this stunning River Island metallic dress! The fur trim is absolutely stunning, a perfect dress for a party thats bound to get you noticed.  


Another piece that caught my eye was this amazing metallic two piece (jacket and short set) I love the pattern, it's so fun and the embellished details add glam.Keep an eye out for this on Missguided.co.uk 
Missguided

3) Chelsea Boots

3) Boots have always been a A/W essential and with so many different styles it is easy to find a pair to suit your tastes. For the transition from summer to autumn a light wear pair of boots is essential, tan/brown goes with everything! 
For winter time it's fur fur fur! I was loving the chelsea boots with the fur trim (which to my surprise were from NEW LOOK) and if you are after height theres plenty of choice when it comes to boots with a heel.
My favourite boots I have seen so far were the chelsea boots with the chain detail (ZARA) and I will be purchasing them when they hit stores next season. 

4) Coloured Fur 


Coloured fur pieces are a new trend for A/W 14. We have had in every colour imaginable from neon fur head bands to baby pink fluffy mittens. Use coloured fur accessory pieces to brighten up those dull winter days. Team your black outfit with a coloured head band for an instant colour pop 
(pictures to be added)

*** Prices to be added 


No comments:

Post a Comment