Tuesday 23 June 2015

Work Experience at River Island



I am currently just over half way through my two week buying placement at River Island Head Office (Westgate) and I am really enjoying my time with the company. I am working on the mini kids department which is really exciting as the department is only one year old meaning that we can experiment with styles and try out new patterns and fabrics as it lacks the long lying history that other departments such as womenswear have (e.g. yearly bestsellers)

During my placement I have been learning the daily tasks of a Buying Clerk; I have attended fittings in which we try out our samples on a mannequin to see how they fit. Being on a children's department also means we need to be extremely aware of safety precautions such as pockets and draw strings (on hoodies etc) being non functional.

I have also been monitoring and updating my critical path which helps you keep up to date with when products are being shipped, delivered and so on.

The fast paced environment of River Island has meant that every day is different, which makes the job more exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment