Wednesday 2 July 2014

Summer Occasion Wear

Summer is the season for occasions, whether is be a Regatta, the races or a summer party. However, with so much available on the hughstreet it becomes am extremely tedious task to filter through the hundreds of dresses. 

After attending the Royal Ascot, I have been feeling extremely inspired. So many girls looked absolutely stunning and had perfected the ‘Ascot’ look. If you are attending any races, a fascinator or hat is an essential, as it seriously glans up your look as well as making you feel amazing. 

My favourite looks were the simple understated shift style dresses, and I couldn't help but ask some girls where their dresses were from. Zara is perfect for this simple and classic look which is timeless, and with their huge summer sale on it's easy to pick up an amazing dress at a reasonable price.

When it comes to colour keep it simple, I opted for white along with several of my friends also opting for white or just off-white. White and cream are fail safe, they look great with a tan and they allow you to explore with a large colour pallet as they go with everything. 

My white missguided lace midi was a last minute buy, and at only £24.99 was definitely a great find! 






I also saw some completely disastrous looks! AVOID wearing two bright colours (I saw an awful fluorescent orange and lime green look!!) and stick to simple colours. If you have opted for a bright dress, team it with a simple nude court shoe to keep is classy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment