Friday 24 October 2014

Finding your perfect winter coat


I am a huge fan of outerwear with a forever growing collection! I cannot help myself from buying more and more coats, and this year is certainly no exception! There are so many great styles this A/W, I love seeing the parkas and the big fur coats gradually creep into shops.

And as the days become more frosty it is time to invest in a winter coat to see you through the winter months ahead of us. I have scanned the high street to find some of the best coats I can find and below are my personal picks.
This A/W 14 I have been particularly impressed with River Island’s extensive collection of outerwear. From fluffy winter coats to two tone padded jackets, this years collection has more variety then ever. I hope you love the collection too as a lot of my top picks are from there!


Starting off with the trusty parka - this khaki and black leather-look coat will ensure you brave the worst of the weather in impeccable style. The khaki picks up on one of this seasons key colours. Worth the money at £115
My second pick is also River Island (sorry for my obsession with their new collection!) I love, love love this two tone camel and black parka and think it would look great with your Winter colour pallet! I am lusting after parkas this year and River Island seem to have nailed the trend on the head I am struggling to pick which one I prefer.
(£110)




Next up: The padded jacket (the puffa)
Zara has always been my favourite place to go for a trustworthy, weather-proof padded jacket. Zara offer both short puffa coats as well as the same look in a slightly longer style (the mid length belted coat). Get the look for a fraction of the price with this Grey Boohoo quilted jacket (only £30.00!) goes with everything and keeps you super warm, sounds like a win/win to me!
I could not resist blogging one Zara quilted coat! The quality of Zara's coats is yet to let me down, at £109 it's not as purse friendly as the Boohoo but these coats are made to last so for me it is worth the extra investment! 
Also available in black and khaki
(£109)


The Tartan 
Tartan coats are always a hit in the winter seasons! They add instant style to plain outfits and I've got my eye on this seasons bloggers favourite River Island oversized coat (boyfriend fit). Check will forever be in fashion so it is definitely worth the investment; a piece you can wear year after year. 
(£80)

`Go school girl chic in this adorable New Look number, at only £49.99 its a great staple piece! The chunky tartan print is so cute and it will go with just about anything in your winter wardrobe! 


Two-Tone 
£80 River Island
Two toning is everywhere this season! I love the two-tone coats everywhere this season, a new update on the cocoon coat from last Winter this pastel and grey coat with leather look sleeves is ticking all the right boxes.

Teddy Coat

The Fur Coat

(coming soon)




No comments:

Post a Comment